The most prominent window is called the main interface. All document.
commands are executed from this window.
Screen shot: General Interface.
The main interface is set up vertically and horizontally:
- The menu bar contains the following roll-down menus:
- Menu "Edit".
- Menu "View".
- Menu "Frame".
- Menu "Options".
- Menu "Windows".
- Menu "Help".
- Many commands on the active document are executed from the
horizontal menu bar buttons. The options available on this horizontal bar vary
depending upon which vertical toolbar button is engaged.
- There are two types of buttons offered on the vertical
toolbar: a series of buttons used to change the options offered on the horizontal
toolbar, and the single "Trash" icon. Descriptions of these buttons follow:
- Open documents are displayed on the desktop
and may take on one of three forms:
- The clipboard represents its contents symbolically. Though
"hidden" by default, it can be displayed or hidden again using the "View" menu . Items are
placed on the clipboard using the "cut"
and "copy" functions from
the "Edit" menu .
- The status bar continuously displays the current command mode
and gives basic information about buttons on Xclamation toolbars. When the cursor is
placed over a button, a description of it's main function appears in the status bar.
Although displayed by default, this bar can be hidden or displayed again from the "View" menu .